Friday, April 24, 2020

VBP: Sandra, Part #2

Here's the thing. I am tired of making masks. I am easily bored, and I used five or six different mask patterns. I used up my elastic, then started making ties out of t-shirt strips...but I'm over it.

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE FACE COVERING.  I can make ten of these in the time it takes to make a single mask...And there are NO TIES...it's only two seams...honestly -- it's comfortable, easy to wear, looks like a turtleneck when you're not wearing it as a mask...

AND EVEN THE MEN WILL WEAR THIS ONE...(cuz they look like they're in an episode of the Lone Ranger.)

I've whipped up over 20 of these facemasks...THANKS, DEANNA, for the wonderful design.  I am wearing one every day now (when I go out) -- and I've sent a batch off to my friend Kathy in Pennsylvania.  I have some advice about fabric selection -- and I will post some pictures of my latest creations next week...


Check out this link to see the directions. 


*************

So -- who knew my Virtual Birthday Party would turn into an episode of "This Is Your Life"...!!

Actually -- it has become more like my ongoing,  personal Reality Show!! AND I AM LOVING IT...

When I shared Sandra's wonderful letter, I had a picture in my head of who she was. But I WASN'T SURE. Although, she gave me so many clues -- the photo I put in yesterday's blog was my best guess.

AND I WAS RIGHT....!!

It would have been easy to put a face with the name if I could've found a picture of her embroidered umbrella. But I don't have access to all those Sew Expo pictures (that was two laptops ago)...

Fortunately, Sandra had some pictures -- and her embroidered umbrella is UNBELIEVABLE...

John Deer digitized some special designs for Sew Expo that year...
Putting them on AN UMBRELLA was so creative!!
It was an amazing work of art!! GREAT job, Sandra!!
Sandra also mentioned that she came to the Schmetz booth at Spring Quilt Market in Salt Lake City...
She remembered that we enjoyed eating at The Copper Onion!!
Yes, we certainly did!! The food was fantastic.
SO, AFTER LOOKING AT HUNDREDS OF PICTURES -- I FINALLY HIT PAY DIRT..!!
This is me and Sandra -- at Spring Quilt Market in beautiful Salt Lake City!!
I filled every single page of that zebra notebook... And -- it's been SO GREAT to reconnect, Sandra!  Thanks again for the wonderful walk down sewing-memory-lane...

I am a lucky, lucky girl...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment