Tuesday, April 28, 2020

VBP: and zoom...

So, this morning, I was thinking about the massive changes in our lives -- and which ones are likely to be permanent...

For example -- ZOOM, GOOGLE HANGOUT, MICROSOFT Meetings, etc.  The ability to GET TOGETHER, with everybody participating...and nobody has to buy doughnuts, book a hotel or get on a plane.

This is HUGE.

Of course, it's happening EVERYWHERE.  Schools are doing it, churches in every little town. Not to mention -- television shows!!   The TODAY show, the VIEW, Watch What's Happening with Andy Cohen.  Even the AMERICAN IDOL live shows are happening in people's basements/living rooms and/or porches all over the country.

Mary Mulari's husband, Doug, was elected Mayor of Aurora, Minnesota last fall.  Like every other town or city in America -- they have been doing business out of City Hall for over 100 years.

But -- then -- BOOM -- the Coronavirus pandemic.
At last week's Saturday hangout -- Mary, Rhonda and I surprised Deanna by wearing our new NZ scarf/facemasks...

In a heartbeat, everything turned upside down. No more groups in City Hall. The Council meetings moved to the Zoom platform...committee members got together while sitting in their own homes, in front of their laptops or tablets.

My prediction is this new way of doing business will be one of the things that STICKS....

************
Here's another letter I received for my birthday...

RITA

Happy Birthday tomorrow. I am sad your day will not be as planned. But it will still be YOUR BIRTHDAY and reason to celebrate.

 I will be sheltering in place as I do not want to contract this virus. (I am in THAT age group you know .)

More than likely I will be working on a quilting or knitting project. I have tops cut and ready to assemble for 11 youth size quilts for our Church Quilting group. And a shawl on the needles.

My husband is craving some sweets and I do have enough supplies to make him a batch of cookies!

Maybe I can stick a candle in one to celebrate YOU.

Sending a BIG socially distance BIRTHDAY HUG. Enjoy your day in a fun family only way !


 CAROL R.

*******

THANKS for the socially distanced hug, Carol!!  I hope you made that batch of cookies and lit one in my honor!!  

1 comment: