Thursday, November 1, 2012

Is it or Isn't it?

You know my favorite auction guys -- the GMB boys. If my life is going right --once a month or so -- they have an auction in Dewitt, Iowa -- and Bert and I meet for breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe -- then spend the rest of the day digging for treasure.
For us, it's a typical Saturday. The auction is held inside the 4-H cattle barn. We sit on bleachers and have "auction friends" to visit with. So, on a rainy day a couple of weeks ago -- that's what we were doing.

When we first get to the auction, we do a walk-around to figure out where the treasure is. On this particular day -- I was very interested in the FOUR SEWING MACHINES that were sitting on the end of the table. A Bernina 1080, a recent Brother and two Singers. They were in excellent condition.
There were also 50 very old framed Women's Day magazine covers. I LOVE THEM... wouldn't that be an intersting way to cover the wall behind my sewing machine?? Hummm...

I was interested in two tubs of paint -- along with dozens of paint brushes...I want to paint leather purses and shoes...
Then -- I saw it -- buried on a table in the "B" building. They often have a second auction ring going -- with mostly the men's stuff. Tools, generators, automotive stuff...it's buried on a table. Can you see it? Because we are about to enter the Twilight Zone...


Yes -- that's right. It's a Louis Vuitton duffle bag...maybe...

Or is it? How can I find out?
Hummm...I wonder how smart my phone really is...

No comments:

Post a Comment