Thursday, November 11, 2021

TIME FOR A CHANGE..!!

After John goes to bed (5:00 PM) -- I spend my evenings sewing, watching trashy tv, working a jigsaw puzzle or trolling the internet, looking for furniture for our new place. Two weeks ago, they had an Open House and we got to see two Model Homes. 

The finishes are beautiful, and I am soo excited to be moving.

John stayed in the car (pouting) -- but I was able to look RIGHT INTO MY NEW HOME....(still under construction).  

All along, I've believed one of the things that would make the move with us would certainly be the round table that has been in this home since the day we moved in.

I paid $150 for this table (at a Barn Sale on Sweet Arrow Road, with my friend Kathy Keefer).  And it has been THE table where we've had every Birthday party, every Thanksgiving dinner, every New Year's Day Pork and Sauerkraut meal. I've had many different kinds of chairs - but this 54" round oak table was ALWAYS our table...
 

But -- nobody else is sentimental about "our table"...so why should I be?  And, if I'm being honest -- the table really is too big for the new space.  So maybe it's a good time for a change.

In my internet trolling -- I discovered a company in Canada that is STILL MANUFACTURING those wonderful Chrome Dinette Sets from the 50's!! They have all the original tooling to bend the chrome, etc. -- and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff...

Look at those great "hairpin" legs on the table!  And the "paperclip" legs on the chairs.  This set, delivered to Iowa, would be about $3600....

 

Or, I could go the vintage route.  This table is on the Facebook Marketplace (a 90 minute drive from me) for $100.  And I MUST HAVE YELLOW in my new house...so I could start with this table, eh?

.


But -- wait -- MY NEW CANADIAN FRIENDS ALSO HAVE IT IN YELLOW..!!


Hummmm...... If I buy the whole new set from Canada -- I can't get a leaf for the table. But the vintage table has that wonderful chrome pedestal base AND a 12" leaf....

I'm thinking of going with the vintage table, but buying new chairs.  But the yellows probably won't match.  Hummm.....what's more important?  Saving the money?  Having the yellows match?  Getting the leaf?

I wish all my problems were this much fun... 

3 comments:

  1. I do like the pedestal leg and leaf option, but when I zoomed in, it looked like the edge of the table was rusty. Also, I think one or the other in yellow rather than both would be nicer to me. My kitchen is yellow and blue with white daisies. We still have the original white formica counters from 1981, and they are in mint condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! I Love the yellows. I grew up in a home with a yellow kitchen. (Although not as bright) What other colors do the Canadian chairs come in? Something to contrast with the BRIGHT yellow pedestal table. Mix 'n match.
    I was shopping at Make it yours upcycle in Maquoketa today and saw ZEBRA fabric. Of course, I thought of you.
    I am looking forward to seeing what fun things you do/create for your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!! I love the vintage-looking sets, as well as the truly vintage table. Could you use the vintage table with your zebra-covered chairs? Yellow/black/white is a terrific color combo! Or, maybe you'll find something even better. Waiting with baited breath!!

    ReplyDelete