Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Missing My Mary Mo-Jo...

One of the things I missed the most during the pandemic was VISITING WITH MY SEWING FRIENDS in person.

The luxury of having AN ENTIRE WEEK to spend with friends??....little did we know, eh?

During our Ya Ya heyday -- I saw Mary Mulari maybe ten times a year.  

We traveled, we developed seminars, books, embroidery CD;s...





We took pride in our Quick Gift outlook on life...and, I'd just like to say, for the record -- WE WERE HAVING JUST AS MUCH FUN AS IT LOOKED LIKE.  

Her annual visits to Iowa were always a highlight of my year...



 Then -- BOOM -- Covid blew up our world. (The Alzheimer's bomb didn't help much, either). Maybe the silver lining is that I am SO APPRECIATIVE now of many things I took for granted.

Our weekend in Beaver Dam for the Grand Opening of the Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio was the first time I saw Mary in almost two years. 

Tomorrow -- a little update about what Mary's been doing to keep herself busy!!


3 comments:

  1. A "silver" lining in this Pandemic... We now know how "golden" Friends are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those of us in the audience of your and Mary's "yaya sisters" presentations were enjoying it at least as much as you were!! I loved every minute of every one of your classes I ever sat in, including that first one, "Life Is Not a Dress Size", at the Michigan Bishop Sewing Council convention, some 25 years ago (I think...)!! Treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete