Friday, November 12, 2021

My Name is Rita, and I am addicted to auctions...

So, to review -- I've had TWO auctions so far.  The linen auction, and a household auction.  And I got rid of A LOT OF STUFF.

But, in the course of all that -- I discovered online auctions.  Specifically, Dosland Auction -- which is a quick 20 minutes from my house.

Me becoming addicted to online auctions was bound to happen.  Ray Charles coulda seen it coming...

The week AFTER my sale -- Dosland posted another auction -- and there was this REALLY GREAT CHAIR...!!  I've never seen a chair like it....and it would be perfect in my new home....

I thought I might pick it up for $10 (or less). 

Initially, I had a top bid in for $15.....but, soon, there were 8 other bidders.  WHA???  I dropped out and laid back and to see what would happen.  I decided I would not go higher than $110...

I watched it go up...and up...and up....I emailed a few friends, and I was getting texts from Anne...they were all watching the various items "closing"...and I know they were rooting for me...(I think?  Or maybe they were laughing at me...)

cuz, who are we kidding?  Everybody knows my biggest problem right now is GETTING RID OF A HOUSE FULL OF STUFF...and here I was -- BIDDING ON SOMETHING TO ADD TO MY HOARD...

Ugh...

Two other bidders were bidding, and they got it up to $180.  I waited until the final minute of the sale to bid -- and bought the chair for $190.  I WAS THRILLED.

On the evening of my Sisters dinner -- I set up the NEW RUG in the basement...along with my new pink chair..!!

Also, as I've been digging through everything this last year -- this mystery light fixture turned up.

HOLY COW!!  It opens up to be a sphere... It will be the PERFECT fixture in our new place.  And I think it's been living in my basement for about 20 years...

Yesterday was Veteran's Day -- and it happened to be a Don Day.  I made sure John was wearing his submariner vest.  He ALWAYS wears his Navy hat.  It's like a billboard on his head, inviting people to talk to him and thank him for his service.  Those are good moments for him.  We went out for one of the many FREE meals.  (thank you, Pizza Ranch!).


7 comments:

  1. OMG, I can't wait to see how you pull all this together. Your new place is going to be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Carol. And -- hey -- YOU CAN COME OVER TO MY NEW PLACE AND SEE IT IN PERSON!! I can hardly wait!! We'll blog about it...

      Delete
    2. I can? WOW thank you for the invitation. :) Now I am even more excited for you to get settled in.
      I darn near sent you an APRON I found while going through my MIL's things. But thought, nope, she just sold that collection. ;)

      Delete
    3. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Carol -- cuz you thought of me when you FOUND the apron -- and then again when you did NOT send it to me. Lol...
      I am COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS until we move...and looking forward to your VISIT!!

      Delete
  2. Well, of Course you needed that chair, Rita!! And the lamp will be a wonderful addition, too--and, since it was already in your basement, it was FREE, right?!!

    Update on Ron: in the three weeks since I've been monitoring and doling out his meds, I have gotten him back. Yes, he's still having physical issues, but he is more alert, perkier, more interested in things...and he has his sense of humor back!! Now to get thru the cardio and neuor checks in the coming weeks....

    ReplyDelete