Wednesday, November 24, 2021

My new Old Yellow Formica Table...

So, "Dan" was the guy I bought the yellow table from -- on the Facebook Marketplace.

Linda P. is having WONDERFUL LUCK selling her household furniture on Marketplace. She and Don will also be moving into the Suites of Bettendorf in January -- and she's got a major downsize to do herself. So far, every single thing she's listed has sold within a day or two. At our monthly shareholder's meetings, LP often gives impromptu Facebook Marketplace workshops...
At this point, I'm just a Marketplace BUYER -- not a seller. But that certainly is the way to go. For one thing, you don't have to pay a commission. With an auction, you're giving the auctioneer 30%...but then, they do all that work. AND it's done in one fell swoop.

Anyway -- we Googled our way to Dan's farm in the country. Turns out, he does a lot of business on Facebook -- and he also does flea markets and antique malls.
Deena also had actual furniture-moving-blankets!!

We were loaded in about five minutes -- and on our way back to Iowa.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this table.  The chrome is in really good condition (considering it's probably as old as I am)...I gave it a good scrub -- and may do a little more work on the sides.  OR, I might decide this is good enough...
I set it up in the basement, on my new rug...and I think it looks GREAT.  Altho,in the new place, it'll probably be sitting on a round zebra rug...with the zebra chairs -- do you think it's too much??

3 comments:

  1. No, it is not too MUCH! It is Rita style. 😉 I LOVE Deena's truck. The pop out sissy bar & room for everything plus it is CLEAN enough to place nice things in the bed. (Don't ask) What our truck looks like!
    Bob is looking into selling a few things on market place. 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m having a small problem. I’m unable to subscribe to your rss feed for some reason. I’m using google reader by the way.
    I simply couldn’t go away your website before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information an individual provide on your visitors? Is gonna be back frequently in order to inspect new posts.
    Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.

    Read More: German shepherd husky mix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "new" old table, Rita! It will look fabulous on your zebra rug, with your zebra chairs.

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend!

    ReplyDelete