Tuesday, November 30, 2021

My Niece-a-Palooza Report

So -- how was my Niece-A-Palooza??

IT WAS EPIC...

F.A.B.U. L.O.U.S....!!!  SQUARED...I cannot tell you how much I loved my time with my nieces.  

For one thing -- I rarely get to visit with these lovely young Moms.  When I do see them, they've invited me to their house for a party or holiday and they're busy serving food or organizing large groups of people....

So, this was a very rare event.  Like -- it's never actually happened before.

Of course, this occasion called for my best china and Aunt Rozella's silver...

I wanted our supper to be something my Mom used to make.  So, homemade chicken and noodles (with turkey, of course).

I haven't made noodles for years...(they were chewy...and kind of a disappointment.)

I did a popover demonstration (while they ate appetizers -- shrimp; potato chips and french onion dip)

 
They each got several wraps and/or ruanas...(I decided to rehome some of my Ya Ya samples)

Also -- beach towel WRAPS (remember that show, Mary?)

There was an artsy fartsy light fixture up for grabs...

AND, they emptied my mother's Hope Chest...then, Kelcy took it home so one day her daughter Myla can inherit it.

Another category was Christmas rugs...they all got to pick TWO rugs...

 

Amy, Nicole, me (with my new Judge Judy collar) and Kelcy.

In my mind, I have many pictures of these girls when they were kids.  Amy riding a little plastic tricycle on the sidewalk of our first rental house....taking Nicole to see Sarah Brightman singing at the Mark... eating sheets of caramel on top of microwave popcorn with Kelcy...and it all seems like just yesterday.

Looking back, I can see each one of them in New York City...and I am so grateful to have these young women in my life.  I am also really glad we did what we did when we did it.

And looking forward, I am beyond delighted they allowed me to re-home so much treasure!!  They took artwork and prints off my walls...so many things I've acquired, and touched, and loved....books I've read, things I've sewn, samples I've made...I hope some of these things fit into their lives.  And maybe -- years from now -- one of them will be making scrambled eggs, and she'll remember that spatula came from Aunt Rita's Niece-a-Palooza...


 

4 comments:

  1. A fabulous day they'll never forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delighted it turned out to be an Epic event for you all. Doubly glad they were happy to claim so many treasures from their Aunt Rita. Hoping in the years to come, what they took with them will mean as much as your Aunt Rozella’s silver has meant to you all these many years, and they’ll remember the stories behind each item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful gathering and memories for the nieces. It is awesome and very apparent the love between you all. I am happy they claimed some family treasures now, while you can see them enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete