Monday, November 22, 2021

My Wisconsin Sisters Trip

So, on Friday, I had a big SISTERS TRIP planned. I was soo excited about the $100 yellow formica table -- located in Platteville, Wisconsin.

Deena was the official driver -- she has a 2009 Ford Truck that has a sissy step that actually comes down the minute you open your door!



Don had agreed to take John on a Karaoke adventure that day -- so I was FREE TO GO!!

The three of us left at 8:30 -- and our first stop was breakfast in Dickeyville, Wisconsin. At a place called Katrina's -- famous for their homemade hash browns.  We had a WONDERFUL breakfast...


This is the very same table we sat at when we went to the 2019 Great Wisconsin Quilt show.

When we arrived in Platteville (it's just a 90 minute drive) -- we went to the Bargain Nook store on Main street. I've written about Bargain Nooks before...there are five of them in southwest Wisconsin. They are fundraisers for the Hodan Society -- and the profits go to provide opportunities for people with disabilities.

Each week, they get 2500 pieces of brand new things from Land's End -- a famous Wisconsin retailer, of course.

I purchased another coat for John ($189 in the catalog, $44 usual Bargain Nook price, $22 for this special 50% off sale.  wow.)...

Even though I bought him two coats last month...He is ALWAYS LOSING THINGS.  I found his wonderful new blue Land's End jacket under the bed two weeks ago...but now, it seems to be MIA.  
What the hell.  It's $22...I'll just buy another one!!

Hey -- now that the three of us are stocked up on new coats -- TIME TO PICK UP MY NEW/OLD YELLOW FORMICA TABLE...

Wisconsin is a beautiful place...and I'm always happy to have an excuse to go day-tripping there...
(I wonder of the Wisconsinites feel that same way about visiting Iowa?)




1 comment:

  1. This made me giggle. I do not think WI residents feel the same about visiting IA, Just sayin' That was a great deal on the Lands End coat!

    ReplyDelete