Monday, November 9, 2020

Sandy's NYC Tunic

Now -- MORE THAN EVER -- it's important to look back on the times we were able to travel. And be grateful. And enjoy those memories. Time spent with friends and family...

Oh -- how lucky we were, eh?

And -- how we took it all for granted!!

More than anything, I need to believe IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN ONE DAY.

But, until then -- I find it very comforting to talk about those Good Old Days...and to bask in the glory of  ''THANK GOD WE DID WHAT WE DID WHEN WE DID IT"...

One of my favorite trips to New York City was with my friend Sandy in 2009.  (along with Evie and Carol). That's when I started calling them the MDF...

Sandy, at Ellen's Stardust Diner!!  Nobody has more fun than this woman...
I had this wonderful dress (size small)
It was a nice french terry fabri -- and the embroidered words were PERFECT.
Although I loved this jacket -- I haven't worn it in 5 years...so I decided it could be sacrificed to create a pocket for Sandy's new NYC tunic.
And the third design element would be this knit dress -- which I could use to make side gussets.
The pocket had to include the Phantom of the Opera (the show we saw.)
I opened up both sides of the dress to add a gusset
My initial plan was to leave it sleeveless.

When Sandy tried it on, the neck was too tight, and she HAD TO HAVE SLEEVES.

So, I cut down the neckline (using more of the striped dress) and added sleeves.

 

I hope whenever Sandy has occasion to wear it, she is snapped back to that wonderful trip...we walked for miles...Macy's, Rockefeller Plaza, Tavern on the Green, Central Park, Phantom of the Opera, Times Square, the Staten Island Ferry...oh, yeah...it's good to have these memories.

And I hope I never take travel and friends for granted.  We were so lucky...

1 comment:

  1. September 2019 was the last time I traveled anywhere. And Jim's was February of this year. Our last theater was Feb. 12th this year. We saw Frozen in Seattle (also saw in NYC in 2018). We are getting some theater enjoyment through YouTube events on TV. We can access internet on our TV. Looking forward to the day we can see live entertainment again.

    ReplyDelete