Tuesday, November 17, 2020

My New Flannel Nightshirt!!

So -- okay -- ONCE AGAIN -- I should have taken more "BEFORE" pictures. But, at the time, I didn't know this project would be "blog-worthy". The magic to this Frankensew is that I started with a man's flannel shirt. 

DUH!! The hard part is already done -- the neckline, shoulder, sleeves, placket....buttons,buttonholes...

I cut the man's shirt about 1" below the breast pocket...

I also cut off the collar -- leaving just the collar stay...

I added the cut-off part of the man's shirt to the bottom of my new nightgown.


The sleeves were too long -- so I cut off the "cuff", made a little casing and added some elastic.
Obviously, I sewed a bunch of random flannel pieces together (including a second flannel shirt) to create the actual nightshirt.  This crappy picture is the best I have of me, wearing my new flannel nightshirt. I AM LOVING IT..!!

 

I have a nice set of red plaid flannel sheets (which I will NEVER put on a bed) -- so I'm thinking I could cut up one of my old sweatshirts, and add a red plaid flannel skirt to make another nightshirt. 

Altho -- how many flannel nightshirts does one woman need.  Really?  I'd best not worry about that.

2 comments:

  1. Um, as we are now hanging tight to the house you cannot have too many flannel nightshirts! ask me how I know. I do draw the line on wearing them to work...even though I am working from home right now :) But at 5:05 I am in the flannel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Frankensewing projects. Another AWESOME finished project. I am with Bridget. You can never have too many.

    ReplyDelete