Friday, November 13, 2020

Reliving one Epic Road Trip!!

In 2013, I flew to New York, hooked up with my friend Marion (from Canada), and we drove her Prius down the East Coast...all the way to her winter home in Florida.  We had THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME...in New York City, 700 Sundays with Billy Crystal, Mood Fabrics, Hershey, Pennsylvania, Lancaster, Pa., Savannah, Georgia...well -- you get the idea. 

It was an amazing trip -- I often refer to it as our Epic Road Trip.

It doesn't seem possible that it was SEVEN YEARS AGO...yikes.

This blog post was published in March 2014...four months AFTER the ERT...but what I said WAY BACK THEN still applies today.  More than ever, I think...

******************* 

Maybe I put off writing this final blog post about our ERT (Epic Road Trip) because I didn't want it to end.  Then, the holidays got in the way...and -- what do you know?  IT'S MARCH ALREADY...

It was such a great trip....and I AM SO GLAD WE DID IT, MARION...

Because here's what I know for sure.  You NEVER know anything for sure. 

Life happens so fast...and the changes can be both instant and permanent. Of course, the older I get, the more clear this is -- which is why this particular trip was so special.

Once we left Savannah, Georgia -- we got on I-95 S. We had pretty much avoided it up to this point -- but who are we kidding?? IT WAS TIME TO MAKE SOME TIME...

The landscape changed very quickly -- and palm trees became a part of the scenery...

It's been such a long, cold, gray winter -- I barely remember what a blue sky looks like...
It was our longest day in the car -- but at the end would be HOME...(for Marion, of course -- not me)
Everything in this part of the world is so lush and green...
I was smitten by the number of beautiful, tropical birds lounging around town...
The vegetation is VERY DIFFERENT from my beloved Iowa cornfields...
Oh, yeah -- Marion's condo is ON THE GOLF COURSE....
The public beaches are accessible and absolutely, 100% stunning. 
Here we are, on our last day together.

Sometimes, it seems like just yesterday Marion and I were headed south, laughing and talking -- with the wind in our hair. But, at other times, it feels like years ago...

**************

Marion will be making that trip again soon...and I sooo wish I was going with her

No comments:

Post a Comment