Thursday, November 5, 2020

My BIG BUY...

As wonderfully organized as this auction was -- they made very little effort to pair up the bed linens.

They were all stuffed into cardboard boxes...some with the matching pillowcases...others, not so much. The boxes were so tightly packed, I couldn't tell what size the sheets were, or even if they were cotton or polyester. ugh.

 There were six boxes of bed sheets sitting together.
 One box held an EXTRAORDINARY SET of bold flowered sheets by Ralph Lauren.  

 

When the auctioneers finally got to this table...they placed the six boxes in a row and announced they were selling it "Choice".  That means you pay one price per box -- and you can take as many boxes as you like. 

The first time around, about four bidders excitedly bid up to $85....YIKES. I was dismayed, to say the least...

It was no surprise when the winning bidder picked the brand-new brightly flowered Ralph Lauren box of sheets...
 


Jana said, "Let's go again"...and I immediately bid $5.   She was calling for a $10 bid -- but there was nothing but crickets. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I was holding my breath...when she asked for a $7.50 bid...more crickets...

The auction had been going on for several hours, and Jana was apparently not in the mood to beg the crowd for a bid. She said, "SOLD"...





When she asked me how many boxes I wanted -- OF COURSE I SAID I'LL TAKE THEM ALL..!!
At this point, I honestly had NO IDEA what I bought for my $25 ...

But these boxes were HEAVY...and Bert had to bring the Jeep around so we could load up our treasure...

1 comment:

  1. The RL sheets are pretty but if they are anything like the sets I have, they wear out pretty quick. LOL You have the better bargain. I do not think I could have controlled myself at the auctions. Just the pictures have me drooling.

    ReplyDelete