Saturday, November 7, 2020

My Last Post-50th Anniversary Party

On Tuesday, November 3 -- of course -- I MUST GO VOTE.  No matter how it comes out -- I am grateful to live in a country where all citizens have the right to vote. 
It was a beautiful morning in Princeton, Iowa. I can't imagine any polling place in America has a more stunning view....the Mississippi River...
So many changes this year, eh? Facemasks, socially distanced lines...gallons of hand sanitizer, constant cleaning, wiping...

I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly we (most of us) have adapted to these new safety measures.  After voting, I had my usual TMBC to look forward to. (we're still doing our Breakfast Restaurant TOUR)...

To get my mind off the contentious election -- I decided to plan a PARTY for that night.  I invited my sisters, Ronda and Deena -- and my SIL, Jeanne -- over for an early supper.  And I instructed them all to BRING THEIR WEDDING ALBUMS.  (3 of us have already made 50...Deena has 5 years to go).

I put the gold sequin tablecloth on the table for ONE LAST HURRAH...and we pot-lucked the meal.  I made chicken and noodles, Deena brought homemade rolls, Jeanne delivered her famous Green Salad (which is pistachio pudding, and it explains why everybody in Iowa is fat)...and Ronda, of course, brought an apple pie.

We had such a good time, I forgot to take pictures!!

Except for this one crappy selfie...

You just have to take my word for it. The meal was DELICIOUS...and looking at each other's wedding albums was a completely shocking activity. I saw pictures of myself, at age 20, that I never knew existed. WHAT A HOOT...

No comments:

Post a Comment