Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Lilly's Green Chiffon

Lilly is 11 years old, and she's developing her own sense of style. Which is kind of an understatement...

For most of the summer, she was quite content to live in a pair of baggy shorts an a NASA t-shirt.

Then, Halloween came around, and she ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE with this long green chiffon dress.  It was $9 at the Goodwill store ($7 over my usual budget)...but she was so adamant -- I let her buy it.  (she usually has her own spending money).

The problem was that IT DIDN'T FIT...
I was thinking it was for Halloween -- so I just cut out the zipper, and added a teal t-shirt,so she could just step into the dress.

 

But, it was a crappy,very noticeable fix.... She wanted to wear the dress...in her normal life? To school? 

I dunno...Anyway -- I needed to improve that alteration..And, with a little Ritaluck -- I found a green knit top that was the PERFECT shade of green. I cut it up, and added a panel all the way down the back of the dress.

It really was an invisible fix.
Lilly dyed her hair green for Halloween.
Yes...now it's perfect.  And I'm pretty sure she'll be the only girl in the 6th grade rocking a chiffon dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment