Wednesday, November 18, 2020

MY EXCITING NEW FOOD PLAN..!!

So -- it's November. Time for me to push my annual "Reset" button. Altho, sadly, there won't be any trips to a luxurious Florida Fat Camp....and we're all too spooked by the virus to even get together for a little weekend "sew-a-long".

Not to mention -- cooking meals has become a real chore. Nothing tastes good to John -- but I have continued to shop for groceries. But then, sadly -- I throw away more food than we eat. The other day, I threw out a 16 ounce container of sour cream (the black mold made it inedible -- right?)...and the lettuce often gets rotten before we get around to eating it.  That bargain 5# bag of potatoes got all rooty...Ugh....

The other problem is -- if I cook something I really like -- OF COURSE, I EAT ALL OF IT...(hello spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread)...

THEN -- last week -- the TMBC had a surprise visit from LP's daughter Whitney. Instead of bringing a "sew and tell"...she brought the menu cards from the meal kit service she's been enjoying. She has done meal kits before -- but this one really hit the mark with her.  

Called EveryPlate -- their menu options are amazing...and they're less than $5 per meal.  WHA???

I asked Whitney to send me the link -- and when she did, she got a $20 credit on her account -- and I GOT $20 OFF MY FIRST WEEK OF MEALS.  Are you kidding me???

It arrives today -- and I'll let you know how it goes. My first three meals (two portions of each) are a chicken dijon (with roasted potatoes), a hamburger (with roasted carrots) and a pork meatball dish.

You can skip any weeks -- and stop at any time. Whitney, who is a very good cook, said they send everything you need -- in the precise amounts...so there's no waste.

So -- this week --I'm gonna start with:

Cherry glazed pork meatballs

Creamy chicken dijon

 I will keep you posted.  I am excited about many aspects of Every Plate. I am delighted that I won't have to think about what I'm cooking for dinner...or did I get the meat out of the freezer...and that the portions are controlled -- and mostly healthy options.

When you're ready to give Every Plate a try --  email me and I'll send you the link that saves you $20 on your first order...  (farrorita@gmail.com)

Next week -- I'll report on my first three meals...

1 comment:

  1. I actually know several people who use services like Every Plate. Different areas have different companies. They have all liked the service. The ones I know are usually older couples with no one else living in the house. As I have to be so careful with ingredients, due to so many I can no longer eat, it really isn't for us. But, never having kids, I am already used to only buying/cooking for two.

    ReplyDelete