Saturday, December 17, 2022

Rita's Sew Fun Re-launch

It's been almost a year since I wrote a blog post.  I've tried many times...but, at the end of the day, I just didn't have the heart for it.  Every time I tried to write something, it became sad and morose...and who needs that??

John died January 7th...But life goes on -- and I'm trying to figure out what this new chapter looks like.

I am fortunate to have wonderful family and friends -- but, if I try to write about them, I start to cry.  So that's pretty much a no-go.

When I look back on 2022 -- it will always be about losing John.  But there were other things, too -- and I'm sitting here, thinking about the highlights....  

A year earlier, after John was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I knew I couldn't take care of him and continue to live in our Princeton home.  He wasn't able to mow the grass or shovel the snow...and our home was at the end of a long lane.  So I bought into a cooperative in town.  It's a 1400 s.f. apartment in a secure building (64 units), an underground parking garage, and a wonderful location.  

Our son Ross decided to buy the Princeton house -- and he recently sold his house in town and moved out to the country.  John would be very happy about that.

When I look back at the pictures on my phone, I realize how lucky I am...and what a wonderful life I am living....and how much SEWING saved me this year.  Some of my best friends came to stay at my new home -- Marion, Rhonda, and Mary.  I realize just about every friend I've made in my adult life was because of SEWING...

In 2022, there were some wonderful trips with Rhonda Pierce on behalf of Schmetz Sewing Machine Needles. We went to AQS in Paducah, and the Great Wisconsin Quilt show in Madison.   Mary and I were hired to do the Midwest Ya Ya Show in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.  But then, Rhonda and my sister Deena had to step up and Ya Ya with me, because Mary had Covid, and was unable to travel.

My new home has a large "Great Room" -- and I reserve the room once a month for a "Featherweight Sew-In Day".  My TMBC friends all come and we work on our individual projects...

One of my 2022 highlights was definitely our SEW Retreat in November.  Mary Mulari, Rhonda Pierce and Deanna Springer came to Iowa and we rented the Circle K Farm for A WHOLE WEEK.  And it was heaven...

Two weeks ago, I went to New York City with my nieces, Amy and Nicole.  Nicole's 14 year old daughter, Memphis, went with us -- and we couldn't have had a getter time.  We saw three Broadway shows (including Lea Michelle in Funny Girl).  I know that was a trip we'll all remember for the rest of our lives.

Anyway -- please consider this the official "re-launch" of the Rita's Sew Fun blog.  

I'm writing on my OLD laptop -- but if I can figure out my NEW MacBook Air -- I should be able to post lots of pictures.

It's good to learn new things...





6 comments:

  1. Welcome back. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo happy to see you back at blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES - welcome back - I have missed your posts and would love to see your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best Christmas gift - Rita is back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back! I'd gotten out of the habit of reading your blog every morning. Clicked in to check and here you are again. Yay! It's OK to be sad. Know that we're all out here rooting for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very happy to see that you're back. I've missed your wit and wisdom...and some sarcasm mixed in too. I'm sure it's been a struggle at times but you're winning now.

    ReplyDelete