Thursday, December 2, 2021

Microwave Bowls

John often gets up at 5:00 AM...and by the time I get out of bed (at a civilized 8:00) -- he's dressed and sitting in his chair...

He sits in his chair all day...dressed in his winter coat, hat, the whole works.  He is watching old Gunsmoke episodes...or sleeping...it's hard to tell the difference.


So, for the last coupla months, I've had my Featherweight table set up right next to the puzzle table.  THESE are the activities that get me through the day (and some long nights)....

I didn't take a good picture -- but you can see the puzzle underneath the flannel bowls...

The Featherweight table is snugged up right against the puzzle table...

And I just keep making the bowls...

 
I turned a laundry basket full of flannel pieces into a laundry basket full of microwave flannel bowls...

And now, the fun part will be to GIVE THEM ALL AWAY...

Obviously, "microwave flannel bowls" was a category!!




During the Niece-a-Palooza, the girls all got to choose a flannel bowl for everybody in their family. I started making flat flannel plates..for those occasions when a person wants to microwave food on a PLATE. So each of them got to pick one of those, too.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful bowls! The flannel plates are a great idea! 🧵🪡🧵

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy! That is a lot of flannel bowls! Do yours have an insulated layer? I have used it in mine. May not be necessary. I often look over at husband reading and can't tell if he is actually reading or sleeping, well, not until he snores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically, I just use four layers of flannel...and I stitch around the top raw edge. I have SO MUCH FLANNEL -- I add the odd pieces in the center...so you can put the bowl on your lap (cuz who isn't doing that?).

      Delete
    2. Great idea, I also have surplus flannel. Who doesn't?

      Delete
  3. The microwave bowl cozies were one of the things I taught my 4-H kids via zoom, when we're locked down. Several of them still make then for gifts and bazaars.
    Many, many times my Jim is snoozing while the TV is on. I shut off the TV, and I swear that everytime he wakes up and says I was watching that...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of your time and your flannel, Rita! Yup, there are times we just need some of these "automatic" things to keep us sane!

    ReplyDelete