Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Logistics of the Actual MOVE

Man -- this job just goes ON AND ON AND ON...But I do feel like I'm gaining on it. However -- now we have those pesky holidays to consider.

And then, too -- WINTER HAS ARRIVED. ugh.

But it is what it is. And the good news is that we don't have to get out of this house on any one certain day. So, I decided to move in stages...which is also possible because our new home has sliding glass doors which open on to our patio -- with a gate directly out to the parking lot.

Once we have the go-ahead, I'll start to move in stuff. Maybe one day, I'll pack up the kitchen pots and pans, dishes, glasses, coffee cups, etc. I can get all that stuff in my car. So, that'll be the "kitchen day".

I've definitely decided to buy the VINTAGE YELLOW TABLE...and I'll use the chairs I recovered last year.

 Then, on another day, I'll pack up the  bathroom, towels, bed linens, etc.  I can easily move the tubs with our clothes (thanks to Carrie, I've now edited both my WINTER and my SUMMER wardrobes down to two tubs for each season).  

I have some nice shelves I'm hoping will fit at the end of the kitchen island.  But if they don't work there -- they might fit in the laundry room, or the den.

Well - you get the idea.

I am especially excited about my "Sewing Room Day" --  because I am going to make the Master Bedroom my new sewing studio.  The walk-in closet will be perfect for my fabric stash/Goodwill projects, etc.  I WILL HAVE A WINDOW out to the world!!  This -- after 40 years of sewing at the ass end of a pool table in my windowless basement.

Because we've not taking any appliances -- the actual moving guys won't have such a big job.  There'll be three beds, two dressers, a FABULOUS BUFFET...some swanky swivel chairs.


Carrie and I discussed the move, and she thinks if I do it right -- using vans and trucks of friends (sisters mostly) we could have most of the place set up before they move the big stuff into our new home.  So, that by the time John and I spend the night there -- it will be more or less put together.  

Hey -- a girl can dream...

Tomorrow, Deena, Ronda and I are going to Platteville, Wisconsin to PICK UP MY NEW/OLD BRIGHT YELLOW TABLE...

To review, my kitchen floor is black and white tiles laid on a diagonal.
I've decided to take the chairs I recovered last winter.
I mean -- they pretty much go with everything!!

 

So -- I decided NOT to buy the new chrome dinette set, which would have cost $3,600. Instead, I'm buying a $100 vintage table. 

Any way you look at it, that's a savings of $3,500. 

IF I KEEP SAVING MONEY LIKE THIS,  I'LL SOON BE ABLE TO AFFORD A MERCEDES -- RIGHT??

4 comments:

  1. PERFECT, the chairs will work great with the cool new table. And that AWESOME Black and White tile floor! Not until I stated following your blog would I have ever said Zebra Stripe is a neutral and goes with EVERYTHING.... Well it Does!
    As much as I hate moving it sounds like you have yours down to manageable and some great help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, I'm talking a big game,Carol. We'll know soon enough how it will all play out...fingers crossed...and YOU will be invited to my first official housewarming party...

      Delete
    2. Stay Positive and you WILL see good results.

      Delete
  2. Your new kitchen will be wonderful--and very "Rita"! Sounds like you have good plans for moving stuff to your new digs, too. Exciting times! Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete