Friday, October 1, 2021

The Art of Homemaking Auction

As it turns out, TODAY is the day the Art of Homemaking auction will actually launch.

The auction house decided there was too much stuff for a single sale -- so they divided it into two different auctions. The first auction will be mostly about the linen collection....and there will be over 300 pieces in that sale.

My sister Ronda and I went to the auction house and helped them decide what should be on this first auction. I've gotta say, I was VERY IMPRESSED with the staff at Dosland Auction house.

They did a spectacular job of photographing and then cataloging the linen collection.

Áshley took the pictures, then put them together for the auction -- and she made captions, using the notes I taped on EVERY SINGLE PIECE.

Curtis Dosland and his manager, Ashley. Behind them are tables full of stuff from the previous sale, as well as Part #2 of the Art of Homemaking Sale...

Ashley was taking pictures of the Embroidered Samplers

Remember ALL THOSE TOTES they hauled away in July? 
Well -- THIS IS WHERE THEY LANDED!!  Ashley complimented me on the great work I did to measure and label every single piece.  I told her it was a labor of love...
After they photograph each thing, they put everything in numbered order so it can be picked up or shipped to the new owner.
When I look at my own stuff -- collected over a lifetime -- I was struck by how wonderful everything looked!!

Honestly -- every single piece was a treasure to me. And, looking at all of it, beautifully laid out -- I had mixed emotions.  I love remembering all those fun, carefree weekends -- when I'd go to auctions or estate sales with my friend Bert. We had so much fun!!

It's bittersweet to be letting go of so many things. This collection -- the home we built and have lived in for 40 years...

But -- mostly, standing in that room,  surrounded by so many wonderful, happy  memories...I felt extremely blessed.

GOOD JOB, Curtis Dosland!!

So -- hopefully, it will happen today. Keep checking back...and it will be live until next Thursday, October 7th...Dosland Auction

1 comment:

  1. Just from these pictures, everything does look wonderful, Rita! And I can imagine how you must feel, seeing everything set out like that. I know it was strange, walking thru my folks' house while they were setting up for the estate sale, and afterwards, too. The estate sale people told me some of the neighbors bought things as mementos of my parents; that was nice to hear!

    ReplyDelete