Monday, November 16, 2020

Cozy Flannel Nightgowns...

When I was looking for this picture the other day -- I realized I needed a NEW FLANNEL NIGHTGOWN...!

All four of us would describe our week at the SEW Retreat as "cozy"...and our flannel nightgowns were fitting attire!!  (we were, after all, in the middle of nowhere...thus, free to wear pajamas all day and into the night if we wanted to...which was, actually, kind of the point of the whole thing).

It's gonna be a loooong winter this year.  And  I BELIEVE THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WORLD BETTER ON A COLD WINTER DAY THAN A COZY FLANNEL NIGHTGOWN.

The year the Sewing and Stitchery Expo experienced an earthquake, my plane had to land in Portland -- and I took a bus to Puyallup.  During that mix-up, I lost my luggage...and when I arrived, Joanne had to take me to the mall to BUY SOME CLOTHES. 

I paid $10 for a red plaid flannel nightgown...

For the next ten years or so, I wore it every winter.  Iowa winters are long...so I am SHOCKED that I don't have a single picture of me in my red plaid flannel nightgown.  Because I LOVED IT.

The first time I made a flannel nightgown as a gift -- I think Lilly was three years old. I made matching nightgowns for her, and her mother Emily, and her dog Sophie. THEY WERE ADORABLE...(pictures lost in some old computer)...ugh...

Hey -- don't get me wrong -- I don't sleep in a flannel nightgown....and I also am not a fan of flannel sheets.  If you were to get into bed made with flannel sheets, wearing a flannel nightgown, your whole night would be a wrestling match.  You would be fighting to roll over,  ripping yourself back and forth on a bed of velcro...

But I have a GREAT idea about how to Frankensew a new flannel nightgown for myself...

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I feel EXACTLY the same about flannel sheets and nightgowns. I do love them to lounge around the house but not for sleeping . Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete