Monday, September 7, 2020

What you missed...

SORRY FOR THE BLOGGING BREAK...I had NO COMPUTER....it's a boring story (certainly NOT worth writing about)...

But, everything is back to normal now (whatever that looks like) -- and nothing bad was happening here. Altho it was a VERY busy time.  The kids went back to school...after six months at home -- that was a VERY big deal.   Also, my cousin Jackie was visiting (from North Carolina)...she was here for SIX weeks...
I always love spending time with Jackie. She was the Maid of Honor at my wedding...and it was GREAT to have her back in my Iowa orbit for a while...
We made a couple of day trips. One was in Clinton, Iowa. Two of my favorite thrift stores...here we are, all masked up for some thrifting at Deja Vu (Linda, Jackie and me)...
OF COURSE I filled the back seat of my car with treasure!! (that's a round wool rug -- ZEBRA, PEOPLE!!)
We had several wonderful lunches... (note the river view)
Cousin Kim joined us for this lunch.
The food was great, the view was amazing, and the visit was PERFECT...
Having Jackie back in Iowa was a delightful treat. I especially loved the porch party we had with my nieces, Amy and Nicole...unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of that night -- but it was GREAT to be with the girls. 

We had SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME IN NEW YORK CITY last spring...
We flew to NYC from Iowa -- and Jackie met us there...
Altho I have hardly seen them since that trip-- the night of the porch party, I told the girls to act like we get together every coupla weeks...lol...(Jackie was not buying it...)
It was GREAT to relive our wonderful time in New York City...Jackie brought a game of Mexican Train, and I made the girls compete for their new sets of King Size Sheets!! (I also did NOT get a picture of the sheets -- but they were AMAZING...)

No comments:

Post a Comment