Thursday, September 17, 2020

Auction Results

I was hoping to give you a link to the auction results -- because they got some CRAZY prices for things. But, alas, Stenzel removed the catalog the day after the sale...but I'm just glad I snagged some pictures off their site before they took it down.
This rug sold for $850...and the two chairs went for $550. each
There were three different teapots -- and they went for $540, $500 and $520
Which made this fish chair look like a serious bargain -- it sold for $310
The sunflower stools (there were 6 of them) went for $660 each.
This floor lamp went for $1650. The leather Lazyboy recliners went for $800 each.
There were TWO Smeg Dolce and Gabanna toasters -- the first one sold for $450, and the second one went for over $600.

AND MY DREAM REFRIGERATOR?? I swear -- I fought with myself for two full days. I sent the picture of the frig to many of my friends and asked, "should I try to buy this?"

Mostly, I got a lot of encouragement...things like -- "this is a once in a lifetime opportunity...

or -- wouldn't you smile every time you walked into your kitchen?"

YES, I WOULD...I REALLY, REALLY WOULD... 

But, then, I'd think about HOW MUCH WORK IT WOULD BE...I'd have to borrow a pick-up truck, drive to Cambridge, have the boys come help me get the new frig into the house...and what would I do with my current frig?  And how many cubic feet is this beautiful work of art? No matter how gorgeous it is -- I can't live with a small refrigerator in my kitchen....and John would really, really hate it...(yes, that sometimes factors into my decisions...)

MY BRAIN WAS SIZZLING FOR TWO DAYS...

Sunday, I was glued to the computer for hours and hours -- watching the live bidding...waiting for the refrigerator to come up...it was on Page Six of the catalog....I was going back and forth in my own head...

should I or shouldn't I?  Will I or won't I?

When the big moment came -- I could not pull the trigger....  

The hand-painted Dolce and Gabanna Smeg Refrigerator -- which was sold for $50,000 at Nieman Marcus -- sold at the auction for $1.680.....
I am quite sure I WILL NEVER AGAIN HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY....and I went to bed dreaming about that refrigerator...but I'm getting over it...

And, hey -- I completely realize there are bigger problems in this world than NOT having a Dolce and Gabanna refrigerator in your kitchen...

4 comments:

  1. Just paint the fridge you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got on here to say the same thing Beckie did! Do it yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay...so I'm gonna Google it...my washer/paint job was fun -- but I used the wrong paint, and it was prone to peeling...TIME FOR SOME RESEARCH...

      Delete