Wednesday, September 16, 2020

An Auction in Cambridge, Illinois

You already know that going to AUCTIONS is another one of my main entertainments.

Unfortunately, since the Coronavirus shutdown -- attending a live auctions has not been an option.

But, Stenzel Auction, one of my favorites, has mastered the art of on-line bidding...and -- last Sunday -- they had a LIVE AUCTION -- combined with on-line bidding.

They do a WONDERFUL job, showing hundreds of photographs of the things that will be auctioned...and I often mosey on to their website, just to see what I'm missing.

Fortunately, they're located in Cambridge, Illinois -- which is about an hour away -- so the drive discouraged me from bidding....

BUT THEN -- I SAW THESE PICTURES...!!  This "high-end" estate auction happened on Sunday, September 13th...

NINE (9) PAGES OF FABULOUS STUFF..!!  SOOO MUCH MCKENZIE CHILD -- I could not believe it!!  Lamps, rugs, chairs...
This estate had THREE McKenzie Child teapots!!
Chairs...
Stools...tables, nightstands, outdoor furniture...housewares of ALL shapes and sizes...
Lamps, tv trays...OMG...OMG...OMG.....;over 400 McKenzie Child items for sale in this auction catalog!!
There were TWO Dolce and Gabanna toasters, people!! (retail is $800 at Willams and Sonoma)
But -- the REASON I was watching this sale all day last Sunday? I didn't even know this was happening, people....
A Dolce and Gabanna Smeg Refrigerator!!
Here's what I know. This refrigerator was only available at Nieman-Marcus...and it sold for $50,000...!!

So -- I WAS GLUED TO MY LAPTOP all Sunday afternoon.  It was exciting to watch the bidding...and, believe me, they got some very high prices.  Bids were coming in from all over the country -- California, Florida, Pennsylvania...

But, my thinking was that nobody would want to SHIP a refrigerator halfway across the country...so...maybe...just maybe...I could afford it..??

1 comment: