Saturday, September 12, 2020

Summer Porch Parties

Okay -- in this time of the Corona -- I cannot believe how much we have ENJOYED THE PORCH..!! Since April, when Carrie first helped me put the porch cushions out -- I've had company almost every week...AND WE HAVE LOVED IT...
Lilly loves to "decorate" ...
She put everything together for her Dad's birthday party...
Fresh pesto, popovers, crablegs -- it was a GREAT party.
The kids also do a lot of crafting out on the porch -- and on this day, they were outlining our day-trip...
Cousin Kim's birthday meant, of course -- SURPRISE PARTY!!
That was also the night I gave my sister's the recipe cards from Mom's special collection (they both have daughters)...
The MDF were regular visitors on the porch...except I always forget to take a picture -- so on this particular HOT summer day -- we ate inside -- but had dessert out on the porch!
And, clearly -- I could make popovers in my sleep at this point!!
At a recent porch party -- Jeanne brought zucchini brownies -- which I paired with an Eskimo pie and whipped cream!
I didn't take a picture of the porch party I had with Jackie, Amy and Nicole...but the next week -- I had these three...sisters Deena, Ronda and SIL, Jeanne.  We stayed on the porch until almost midnight -- good thing they all live near by!!
I've decided to decorate the chair pads -- much like the upstairs bathroom floor...

You know how I feel about WORDS on things...
The weather is starting to change. It was chilly this week -- and I found myself looking for a sweater...and usually -- that spells the end of my spring/summer porch parties...

And I miss them already...

2 comments:

  1. IT should be lovely next week, Sunny and in the upper 70's time for another porch party or two <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE RIGHT, CAROL...and I already have invitations out for a party on Monday and another one on Thursday...!!

      Delete