Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Rhonda's Visit

Rhonda (who lives in the Chicago area) drove to Nebraska to visit her Dad on the farm. On her way home, she was driving right by my house -- so, of course, we got together for a mini-marketing-workshop...
She gave me a gift of Iowa chocolates (which I gifted to Lilly and Warren...on their first day back to school)...
Then -- we had a FABULOUS LUNCH...
This is what "poutine" looks like in Iowa, Marion....those fries were so hot and crispy -- the farmer's sausage on the top -- with melted cheese curds.  AMAZING...THANK YOU, CANADA..!!
We went to a new place -- the Foundry in Davenport, Iowa.  It's right off the interstate -- and their menu is VERY interesting. I ordered the fresh tuna -- and it was wonderful.  Rhonda had a roasted brussel sprout salad.  No -- really -- that's what she ordered...
Although she couldn't spend the night -- she did have enough time to go to my favorite nail shop
We both got pedicures.
THOSE ARE HOT, WET TOWELS, PEOPLE...OMG...OMG...OMG...
There is soooo much more to a pedicure than just picking out he polish!! There's the exfoliation, and the foot massage, and the leg massage, and the bottom of the foot callous removal...not to mention the massage CHAIR itself...which we were sitting in for almost two hours...YIKES...
But it is SOO worth it!!  I missed my 4th of July pedicure...but I figure it's in time for Labor Day...and should carry me through Veteran's Day...then, it'll be time for a holiday design...

No comments:

Post a Comment