Thursday, September 10, 2020

Estate Sale Comeback

Estate Sales have always been one of my favorite weekend activities. Although, as I try to get my hoarding tendencies under control -- nowadays -- I don't go about it with the same enthusiasm.

And, then, of course, the pandemic shut down anything that involved large crowds of people...

As things started to re-open, they were doing them again...by appointment, masks required, limited number of people in the house at one time, etc.

Fortunately -- I'm out of the habit....until THIS SALE came across my Facebook page.

Holy Cow. It's a giant mansion -- set back from the road -- you cannot see it from any point. It has seven bathrooms...two staircases...

and a rug in the living room that has a "reserve" of $80,000.

Wowza.  THIS I'VE GOTTA SEE....

Time for me to get back in the saddle...


You were not allowed to drive up -- but can you see the circle drive has a design, created by bricks and stones?
There were three levels above ground -- one below -- and at least three staircases inside this house...it was a giant maze inside.  Really -- a girl could get lost!!
This is the view from the flagpole area -- looking down at the tennis courts.  Beyond those trees is the Mississippi River...
The four car garage was ALSO PACKED WITH TREASURE...
SO MUCH FUN to see this house, and really think about how people live. Yikes!! I didn't go until Sunday morning -- the last day of the sale -- when everything was 50% off. I did manage to pick up a few treasures...but, mostly, I was just wanting to see the inside of this hidden gem of a house...and it was well worth the long walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment