Monday, September 21, 2020

End of Summer Porch Parties

 I'm sorry the links in the last blog post didn't work.  The problem seems to be that BLOGGER has a completely new "interface" -- and I still cannot figure out how the damn LINK works.  I tried "open in new page" -- but that didn't work at all.

Beckie said she got to the page by using Google...and if you use the links in her comments, I think it'll take you there.

This blog is always a work in progress...and I'm still learning. Maybe one day, eh?

Last week, I had TWO porch parties...celebrating the COMING OF FALL. Our weather had been just stunning. Cool nights, breezy days...this is when I realize how much I love the CHANGING OF THE SEASONS...

I had Cal and Jeanne over for his birthday steak dinner...which was delayed from August (cuz they were in Florida). Altho, the steak was tough and the potatoes were overcooked...that meal came under the category of "it's the thought that counts"...


Then, later in the week -- I invited the MDF for a Fall Luncheon.  We've been getting together every week this summer -- and these women ALWAYS notice every little thing I change, or sew, or paint, or rearrange...


Sandy, Sue, Evie and me.  Because NONE OF THEM SEWS -- they act like everything I do is magic.  On this day, they acted like the dress I was wearing could have launched a rocket...(picture to follow)...
 
 

But the real purpose of this lunch was to show Sue now easy it is to COOK RAW SHRIMP.  HyVee had some wonderful 16-20 raw shrimp on sale...so I did a cooking demo.  The shrimp TURNED OUT GREAT...

No comments:

Post a Comment