Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Me,Lilly and Music Education

About Lilly and the music.

Every Saturday it's the same thing...she controls the radio and I get schooled. This world has clearly passed me by...and I'm sure that's normal.

Each generation LOVES their own music -- but has very little interest in what came before.  Or, in my current situation -- what comes AFTER...

Lilly not only knows the lyrics and the artists -- but she has such OPINIONS about everything...

So -- a song came on the radio and I kinda liked it.

Lilly started to change the channel.  I said, "don't you like this song?"

She said, "Not especially...it just never gets going."

Me:   "what do you mean?""

Lilly: "You expect her to pop off after the drop, but.she just stays in the same tone all the way through..."

So, now, I'm interested..."who is singing?"

Lilly: Selena Gomez (I could almost hear the eye-roll)....

Me:  What's wrong with Selena Gomez?

Lilly:  Well, for one thing -- the song is about her breaking up with Justin Bieber. You do know she's written at least five songs about him, right? I mean -- GET OVER IT already...

Now, as Lilly and I are having this conversation -- the song is playing in the background....suddenly, she turned up the volume and said, "and listen to this, Grandma..."

The lyrics were:  I needed to hate you to love me...

Lilly turned off the radio and said, (derisively) -- Have you ever heard her do an interview? I'm pretty sure in the history of the world, nobody ever loved herself more than Selena Gomez does...


2 comments:

  1. Lilly's observations always make me smile. She's a smart girl. What's her opinion of Taylor Swift getting AMA's artist of the decade?

    ReplyDelete