Friday, November 29, 2019

Get to work,Rhonda!

APRONS, APRONS, APRONS. This is a picture of some of my favorite people -- wearing one of my favorite things. My sister Ronda, my friend Rhonda, and my dear friend Phyllis. We were taking part in a Schmetz Sewing Machine needle focus group. And I shared a "sewing story" where the aprons came into play. Gingham aprons were the first thing I started collecting...




This year, Rhonda will be coming to my house for Thanksgiving -- and then I'M PUTTING HER TO WORK. She will help me hang the Art of Homemaking exhibit at the Bettendorf Library.

Gingham aprons were the first thing I started collecting...

Two weeks ago, we had a "sewing day"at the Library -- and I quickly made a sign...
And I just happened to have this beautiful piece of embroidery -- "Where Ever You May Roam,There Is No Place Like Home",
LP recently bought a NEW Featherweight -- so she brought all the supplies we needed to REFRESH OUR CARRYING CASE.
My #3 Featherweight, Sister Sally Donovan, was overdue for a Spa Day...
Sandy was working on some Christmas blocks.
I brought a HUGE ASSORTMENT of aprons -- thinking everybody could pick out five or six...
But, as it happened -- since the showcases were empty -- I decided to iron a few aprons and display them as kind of a "tease" for the upcoming Exhibit.
LP chose a Christmas Apron theme for her display case.
Sandy decided to hang an assortment of Gingham Aprons with Chicken Scratch embroidery.
Before we left the library -- we had filled four display cases with some pretty spectacular aprons!!
Chris (from the library) opened one of the main cases so I could display my Featherweight...
.

THIS EXHIBIT IS GONNA be SPECTACULAR....
...

No comments:

Post a Comment