Saturday, November 16, 2019

Homemaking Categories...

So -- ramping up for the December Art of Homemaking Exhibit -- I took a look in my basement, to determine what actual "categories" I might be able to bring...

**************

THIS was the first draft I sent to the library...
 
1.      Aprons  (possible wall exhibit, or I could just give an apron to every librarian to wear for the entire month of December --AND YOU KNOW I'M NOT KIDDING...) 
BOOK:  The Apron Book, EllynAnne Geisel
2.      Vintage Bed Linens/Embroidered pillowcases.
BOOK:  Dress Your Dream Bed,  Rita Farro: 
3.      Spooners/Soup Spoons/Tablecloths
4.      Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine, with accessories, Singer iron, Hemstitching attachment
BOOK:  Singer Featherweight, the Perfect Portable
5.      7-Days a Week Dishtowels 
BOOK:  The Kitchen Linens Book, Ellyn Anne Geisel
6.      Toast racks/Napkins/Napkin Rings
BOOK:  Simply Napkins, Gail Brown
7.      Quilts (there is an entire wall over by the fireplace). My Splendid Sampler, a t-shirt quilt, and the vintage women’s club signature quilt top..
BOOKS: too many to count.
8.      Cross-stitch Samplers
BOOK:  Antique Samplers
9.      Cookbooks...books about Housekeeping...vintage cookbooks....serving dishes...
BOOKS:  (Searchlight Recipe Book; Meta Givens Encyclopedia of Cooking; Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook)

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of spooners until you wrote about them. My Grandma (who was from Wisconsin) never used one. Never seen anyone out here use them. Grandma made Mom seven days a week dishtowels. She used the fabric paint pens for them, but they were the classic embroidery designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ideas.....I have spooners, but use a small vase as a spooner mostly! I have a well used Searchlight recipe book left to me by my Mother. Love aprons...& I'm still searching for my Featherweight!

    ReplyDelete