Friday, April 2, 2021

These Are My People...

Here's what I know for sure. I have people...and I know who they are. SO DO YOU.

My peeps are at the heart of this blog. My sisters, my cousins, my TMBC, MDF, my Sewing Sisters. I've known and loved some of these women since the day I was born...

And my young friend Anne put together a presentation meant to honor every woman in the room... really. It was brilliant...

Aunt Adda had a slide...so did Jackie, LK and LP...
The TMBC...every week....solid as a rock. Sandy, me, LK and LP
The four of us had a most amazing Retreat...and Sandy, of course, is a CORE MEMBER of the TMBC.
  







She's one of the OG

Her sewing is meticulous

She is so thoughtful, NEVER forgets a birthday -- and makes the most amazing cards...and she makes and sends cards to Lilly and Warren on every special occasion.  Her cards are their sole experience with "snail mail"...

Sandy completed the Splendid Sampler -- then moved on to do MANY Row by Row quilts...did I already say meticulous?...


And SANDY DIDN'T HAVE A SLIDE IN MY BIRTHDAY SLIDE SHOW?? WHA???

Sandy exchanged emails with Anne and Deena about planning the party...she brought a bowl of fruit, she rolled the napkins...she is a major player in my posse...

SO -- HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?? 

Remember -- Anne lives in Cedar Rapids and she doesn't actually KNOW my people...and she didn't realize there were TWO Sandys.   Because I never use last names in the blog -- when Anne was looking for a picture of "Sandy" -- instead of TMBC Sandy Steinke -- she made a slide using a picture of MDF Sandy Randolph. (who wasn't at the party)...

Anne felt terrible about the two Sandys mishap, and she said, "It was just a bunch of mistakes of too many people and my being disorganized. You can tell her I'm well intentioned, but still very young."

To TMBC Sandy -- Here's a link to the CORRECTED Rita's Party PowerPoint ...


 https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1X8RSgkU-BepuvmcrVwISew5CygJGxjC-pmbSN01Hl2o/edit?usp=sharing

Tomorrow -- the BEST GIFT I EVER GOT...!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete