Wednesday, April 14, 2021

My Re-Upholstery DREAM...

To review -- I bought this fabulous area RUG...and it is the inspiration for our new home!! I painted my beloved vintage buffet to MATCH this rug...and I'm loving everything about it.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rug.

My favorite Lazy-boy was probably 20 years old when I bought it (I paid $40)...the color is great, but there are some rips in the faux-leather...

And this swivel chair ($10) is pretty comfortable.  The duct-tape treatment was fun for awhile -- but it also could use a new upholstery job...

So, of course, you heard my BIG IDEA...I'll order five or six swatches of various fabrics -- turquoise, hot pink, orange...and then, I'll have somebody reupholster my favorite chairs, using different colors -- the side one color, the back another color...you know....we'll "Rita-fy" these chairs. 

I was following a local upholsterer on Facebook -- and I sent her a few pictures. 

 Here's the price, people....with ME providing the fabric....

The swivel tub chair would be $550...

The Lazy boy would be $750.....

I texted back..."you are a dream crusher..."

1 comment:

  1. I think with a staple remover and a staple gun you could get the job done and have fabulous unique chairs.

    ReplyDelete