Saturday, April 3, 2021

BEST GIFT EVER..!!

YES -- I AM STILL WRITING ABOUT MY PARTY....

And, YES -- I'm aware that it's been a week.

But -- hey -- IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL BLOG IF I WANT TO....

After Anne's slide show -- Kelcy presented me with a package.  She jokingly told me it was "Rita Wrap" -- which meant they used newspaper...
Inside the newspaper wrapping -- was a really fancy wrapping...
OMG...OMG...OMG...It's a Friendship Quilt!!
Every person in the room had contributed a block to my very special, wonderful quilt.
There was a special "gift tag" block on the back of the quilt.
The center block is a beautiful "LOVE" embroidery, by my sister Deborah Enderson -- who came all the way from Tennessee!!
Deena was the one who assembled the quilt...her daughter Kelcy gave it to me...and her daughter Myla served as our Vanna White during the slide show...
My Aunt Adda (91) was at my party -- which meant we had FOUR GENERATIONS represented!!

 

In the entire world-wide history of surprise parties, nobody has ever been MORE SURPRISED than I was last Saturday. And that certainly added to the joy of the day. 

But -- this gift -- this fabulous friendship quilt...with blocks made by the special women friends of my heart...I honestly cannot imagine a more wonderful gift.

Not only will I treasure it FOREVER...I'm now planning an entire room around it!!

Yes...I am a lucky, lucky girl...and I know it...

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome gift, awesome day, awesome birthday!!

    ReplyDelete