Saturday, April 10, 2021

Modge Podged Sewing Machine TOTE

This project started with a couple of very different things...
First of all -- Mary made my favorite apron (at our SEW retreat) out of IKEA fabric.  I LOVE IT...and wear it all the time...it makes me very happy.  I had enough of the fabric to make two more aprons -- but I was down to bits and pieces...which I COULD NOT THROW AWAY...
Then, I found this wonderful HUGE sewing machine rolling tote at a thrift store ($8)....But it is kinda boring...plain black....that will NEVER do...


I painted all sides with Mod Podge -- and let it dry for a coupla days.  Then, I got Lilly involved.  She fussy cut some pieces of the fabric -- and mod podged them on to the tote...



When all the sides were decorated -- I applied two more coats of Mod Podge.
I had enough of the fabric to do the top of the tote...but for the sides, Lilly applied all the fussy cut pieces...
There were some bubbles -- but now I KNOW THE FIX...poke them with a pin, use parchment paper and a hot iron.
Yes...IT'S AMAZING....

1 comment: