Saturday, August 1, 2020

Summer Lunches...

Hey -- THERE'S A VIRUS -- I get it. I get it. YOU KNOW I GET IT.

I have a handsome collection of facemasks...and I have become a master at practicing social distancing.

But, early on -- I decided I was not going to put my life on hold.  So, even though our choices have been VERY limited...and I avoid large parties and I've given up looking for new guys in busy bars -- I have been getting together with my family and friends in the place where I feel most safe....

On my own screened-in porch...

So -- it's been a very busy summer -- and the porch has NEVER LOOKED BETTER -- or BEEN BUSIER...

The BEST time on the porch is in the morning -- when the hummingbirds are all coming for breakfast.  But, late in the day -- as the sun moves -- the porch benefits from the shade our mature trees provide...
The other day I made --well -- OF COURSE -- POPOVERS..!!  I'm telling you -- it's a wonderful thing to have a "signature dish"...
A few weeks ago, we had Elliott's birthday party on the porch, and Lilly decided we needed a tablecloth. I love it...
But, today was 90 degrees and humid...so I also had a Plan B...
Although we started on the porch -- with a bottle of wine -- we moved inside for lunch, to enjoy the air-conditioning...
These girls are my trusty MDF....My Drinking Friends. (Sandy, Sue and Evie).  We've been hanging out for a long time -- and I have WONDERFUL memories of our 2009 trip to New York City.

For many years, we'd get together once a month or so for lunch. At a restaurant, or in each other's homes. But since the pandemic hit -- without even discussing it -- we stepped up our game...and we "lunch" almost every week. (although I won't order steak again, after I realized none of them could do the Heimlich).

Last week, Lilly joined us for our fancy restaurant lunch at Rastrelli's...

When her Mom asked if she had a good time, Lilly said, "they were so nice, Mom...and I got a lot of compliments..."

Because none of them sew -- they act like everything I do and make is MAGICAL.  lol...

The MDF had already seen the new bathroom floor...which they all RAVED about (Lilly is right about their compliments)....but I had one additional little creative surprise for them on this day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment