Friday, August 28, 2020

Back to School

So, okay -- it's BACK TO SCHOOL. I know in many parts of the country, this isn't happening yet. But, here in Iowa -- our Governor decided schools would re-open, pretty much on schedule. So -- fingers crossed...that's been the focus. And EVERYBODY was nervous about it.

Because,during a pandemic -- there aren't any good choices for schools...I get that...

But, while talking about actually going BACK to school -- Lilly and Warren were both super-exited.

It's been almost six months since they saw their friends...or played a game with other kids...

One day, Lilly said, "I don't know what it'll be like to see my friends again. I'm a completely different person than I was the last time they saw me..."

And I don't know exactly hat she meant by that comment...but I thought she was nervous about the reopening...

Lilly has always had her own sense of style -- and I am thrilled that her parents are pretty laid back about the clothes she chooses to wear. Right now, she's into WAY oversized man sweaters...paired with some skin-tight leggings...

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE AND DELIGHT -- when, two weeks ago, she made a sketch of a top she wanted to sew...

We went down to the basement to rummage around for something she could cut up...

And THIS was the result...
She was very pleased with her "design"....
The next week -- we went thrift-store shopping - and she fund a wonderful XL argyle sweater (paired with a Disigual skirt)
Lilly had MANY WONDERFUL, INTERESTING choices for her first day of school. Warren, too. He went shopping with us, and he picked out shirts and shorts...(he is, in many ways, WAY fussier about his clothes than Lilly is).

 So -- what did they choose to wear?

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Lilly would be one of my favorite 4-H kids here!

    ReplyDelete