Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Kim's Porch Party

We've been very lucky this summer -- to have some cool days in between the usual HOT AS HELL Iowa July weather. Cousin Kim's birthday last week was an unusually cool day -- PERFECT for her surprise Birthday Party on the porch..
Cousin Kim, Sisters Ronda and Deena...
It was a STUNNER of a summer day...cool with a wonderful breeze (yes, there were sheets out on the line)...My menu for lunch was basically the same as the MDF lunch (Kim's birthday was the next day)....except I made Porketta sandwiches (using ciabatta buns)...

OMG -- delicious!! Thanks again, Mary and Nancy (and the State of Minnesota) for providing me with the Porketta knowledge and spices. I cut the roast myself, and rolled the spices in -- then tied it up...and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD...sooo tasty and tender.


Kim, of course, got a set of new sheets for her bed...complete with beautiful embroidered pillow cases somebody had been saving for her for about 50 years...
Ronda and Deena got some sewing accessories I picked up during my recent visits to Quilting In The Valley (LaSalle, Illinois)
Then, our mission was to go through two boxes of Mother's recipes...This one (barely legible) is for her famous "Mahagony Chiffon Cake"
You've gotta wonder why, after it was so discolored and destroyed -- she decided to put it in a recipe protector?  I mean -- AT THAT POINT? Why not just write out a new one, Mom??
Ronda and Deena both have daughters who well remember their Grandma Little....and I thought the girls should have her recipes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kim...!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of my grandma's recipes that I use. In fact, I'm pretty sure most were her mother's.

    ReplyDelete