Thursday, June 27, 2019

WHAT?? Short Spaghetti??

After last week's intense posts* about John's dementia -- I was eager to get back to MY REGULAR BLOG BUSINESS...which is about as trivial as you can get. My life in Iowa is about my friends and family -- a little cooking, a little sewing, a lot of thrift-store shopping...Grandma Camp,  laundry, bed linens...Frankensewing.

I AM SO GLAD TO GET BACK TO NORMAL...I can't even tell you.

So -- the other day -- I'm shopping at my local HyVee store -- and GUESS WHAT I FOUND??

POT SIZED SPAGHETTI..!!

Are you kidding me??

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN SOONER..!!

If you don't think this is a problem -- maybe you don't do much cooking for a crowd.

You know that moment when you drop the spaghetti into the pot and it's time to set the table, and people are starting to come in, and you forgot the bread under the broiler...it's THE NEXT moment when you realize you forgot to poke the spaghetti down into the pot, and now the bottom is all gummed together and the top 3 inches are still crunchy...

OF COURSE you can break spaghetti before you put it in the pot -- but then you get those little bits that bounce all over the kitchen.

Hey -- nobody can do trite quite like me.  I know -- I'm good at it...and DELIGHTED to be able to appreciate the little things in life.

You're welcome...

************

*It was cathartic for me to write about John's dementia.  And it was a joy to share our unexpected happy ending.

But I always knew I would take those posts down.  That'll happen soon

1 comment:

  1. And, how much more expensive per ounce is the half spaghetti vs the long spaghetti..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete