Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Broiler Pan

If you are really LIVING in your home -- things wear out. Honestly -- every now and then -- things just need to be refreshed...renewed...renovated...or REPLACED.

When we built this house in 1981 -- we put in a 30" stainless steel restaurant griddle. It sits right next to our stove -- and we installed two oven hoods. This was THE BEST THING WE DID IN THIS KITCHEN. Honestly -- we use the griddle for just about everything...pancakes, french toast, hamburgers, steaks, bacon, bruschetta...well, just about anything you can think of.

I think these hoods cost about $25 when they were new -- and they are officially now -- WORN OUT.
So, I ordered two new stainless steel hoods. Then, I had to get busy preparing the area for the new installation. I had to empty the worthless little cupboards above the hoods (actually, Carrie did that)...and we cleaned the tile surround (also Carrie).

When it was time to clean the oven (this is the worst job -- so -- I DID IT MYSELF)...I realized I left the broiler pan in the oven....and now it is going to be a disgusting mess to clean.  It always is, anyway.  And week old grease isn't helping the situation...

I always cook the steaks on a screaming hot griddle -- then finish them off in a 400 degree oven, on this broiler pan.
Of course, when I do the dishes, I often forget the broiler pan is still in the oven. Bummer. It is the WORST job...

But -- on this day -- I remembered something wonderful. Awhile back, I found a brand new broiler pan at a thrift store for 88 cents...!!

Of course I bought it. Knowing -- one day -- my broiler pan would be so disgusting, cleaning it would be such a time-consuming job, I'd want to throw it in the garbage...

AND TODAY IS THE DAY..!!
This is my brand new broiler pan -- which I am PUTTING IN THE ROTATION..
Because the old, greasy, disgusting pan is GOING IN THE TRASH..!!

1 comment: