Friday, June 28, 2019

LK's new Sarcasm Dress

My cousin Linda broke her arm!! So, of course, I had to Frankensew something for her...maybe just an easy dress that she can slip over her head...

I had this lightweight gray knit dress...(here, I'm wearing it OVER my clothes)....so, yes, it does make me look fat.
The first thing I did was add a side insert panel...the gray t-shirt I cut up was almost the same shade of gray.

I decided that was too boring -- so I added a red panel on the other side.
Of course, I also added a much-needed large pocket (remember, her right arm is in a cast). The pocket needs to be big enough for her I-pad and a bag of chips...

The trouble with the pocket was that I sewed it too HIGH on the dress. Bummer. It would have been very tough to lower the placement. Hummm...

Then, because I thought the dress could actually be a little longer...I decided to add an extra 3" up in the bodice of the dress...which would kill TWO birds with one stone. Now, the pocket is lower...and the dress is longer...
The pocket says, "Sarcasm. Another Service I offer."

No comments:

Post a Comment