Tuesday, June 25, 2019

My New Frankensewed top

During a recent day trip to Cedar Rapids (more about that later) -- I found some wonderful tops ($2 at an estate sale).  I loved the graphics of this one...although, it was a size XL -- not quite big enough for me.
You can see the sleeve is too tight for my way-too-fat-upper-arm...and when I tried it on, it was a very snug fit.
Of course -- that NEVER BOTHERS ME. With a little Frankensewing, I'll just open up both sides and add a panel of some matching OR contrasting fabric. Humm...I'm guessing 4" on each side oughta do it...

The hardest thing is getting both sides the same.  You know how I hate MATCHING things...

Because I suck at that -- I've learned to do ONE side at a time.
And I quite liked this bold black and white stripe (cut from a size small Talbots tunic that cost 44 cents at the Goodwill)...
The thing is -- this striped fabric was very stretchy...and after doing just THE ONE SIDE -- I tried the top on again -- and it seemed to fit FINE.
So I stopped.  I decided to call it GOOD ENOUGH...and I love my new top!!

No comments:

Post a Comment