Wednesday, June 9, 2021

One Day Soon...

 As it turns out, I was WAY too optimistic.  But I promise you -- one day soon -- I will blog about something OTHER THAN ALZHEIMER'S...

Monday, I had to make a run to the nearby Dollar Store to pick up a few things (out of cleaning products and decaffeinated coffee).  John went with me...and he bought his favorite candy bar -- a Salted Nut Roll.

Later that night, he was sitting at the kitchen table, eating his candy bar.  As I walked through the room, he said, "that tasted terrible"...

And I said, "what do you mean?  You LOVE that candy bar.."

He said -- pointing to the container of purple Glo Pro kitchen cleaner.

WHA???

Yep.  Sure enough.

He'd opened the bottle of kitchen cleaner and took a couple of swigs...

Wow.

I called the Poison Control center...Allison looked up the specific brand of Dollar Store cleaner...then she told me he should drink 6-8 ounces of water.

He's fine....but, I'm telling you -- this is a trip...

 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no!!! Maybe you need some "Mr. Yuk" stickers, like I got for everything when our son was little. Do places still carry those? Or maybe you can make your own "Yuk!" labels--wide masking tape and a marker would do it.

    Or maybe one of those toddler locks on the cupboard where such things are kept.

    Keeping you both in prayers (and thanking God it wasn't worse than it was...).

    ReplyDelete