Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Franken-Chair, Chapter Two

So, any project begins with a sketch....

I didn't just draw THIS ONE PICTURE...I mocked up about a dozen variations. The colors are: orange, pink, turquoise, yellow, and white.

It seems like I should make a zebra cording to put in the seam....

THEN -- I had this AH HA moment...

Those people on Etsy aren't selling NEW swivel chair mechanisms!!

THEY're scavenging them off chairs from thrift stores.

HEY -- ANY EXCUSE TO GO TO A THRIFT STORE...

Let's just hope my Ritaluck kicks in....

NO PROBLEM, PEOPLE!! $30 at the Clinton Salvation Army!! And -- get this -- it swivels AND rocks!!

Ross already picked up both chairs, so fingers crossed that he can turn the slipper chair into a swivel chair. 

He said, "the problem will be that the swivel mechanism will be totally exposed, Mom". 

I replied, "No it won't...I'm putting t-shirt fringe around the bottom..."

He rolled his eyes...but I don't think he was surprised.

3 comments:

  1. So funny that even our grown children can roll their eyes at our ideas! (mine do too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yeah my kids would do the same ! The chair is gonna be AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Congrats on another great thrift store find!! Can't wait to read what happens next!

    ReplyDelete