Thursday, March 4, 2021

Happy Birthday, Warren!!

On January 1st, Warren turned EIGHT YEARS OLD. I cannot remember what my world was like before he rocketed into it.

But, like all people with birthdays-on-holidays -- his actual birthDAY celebration is kind of anti-climactic.

With all the presents from Christmas -- thinking of a gift to buy for him just 7 days later is a losing proposition.

So, I started a tradition of taking him to a nice hotel WITH A POOL..

His 2021 birthday pool party JUST HAPPENED. (yes, it's almost March, I know...it's pitiful)...

Many hotel pools are not open -- or they have restrictions. OR -- the opposite problem -- they allow kid-birthday-parties...so there are way too many people in the pool. Like all-things-Covid, it's a confusing set of arbitrary protocols you must wade through...

And I can't spend the night with them this year -- so I had to draft Ross. Who is always a part of the celebration anyway.

I discovered that the Holiday Inn Express in LeClaire, Iowa had a lovely pool -- they do not allow parties -- and, hey -- it's only 15 minutes from my house!!

I booked a suite on the third floor -- with a VIEW OF THE MISSISSIPPI River...



Sitting on his balcony, Warren learned how to spell it...M.I.S.S.I.S.S.I.P.P.I...

Warren got to push the elevator button, then open the hotel door...and check out EVERY AMENITY...


He immediately pointed out the fact that there were THREE different ways to sleep on this couch.

Position #2

Position #3

It took all of five minutes for him to get dressed, ready for the Main Activity
INTO THE POOL...!! (John is sitting way off in the corner.)
I was in the water for about two hours -- then, THANK GOD -- Uncle Ross came to take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment