Friday, December 3, 2021

"Toasted" Breakfast

TMBC has made it our mission to try new breakfast places. And it is SO MUCH FUN to find a new restaurant or and old joint for our weekly get-togethers.

This week, we went to "Toasted" -- a new avante garde place in downtown Davenport.

The first good thing was I discovered they had a parking lot on the side of the building!

The decor was very trendy...a deep turquoise wallpaper, with gold decals on the wall.

Huge cotton napkins, with gold silverware.  right??

But, of course, the most important thing was the food!! Carrot pancake -- with Rosti!!

The sausages reminded me of New York City -- and the Avocado toast was a work of art!! SO DELICIOUS...

The front room was set up as more of a lounge.

The light fixtures were all amazing.

Linda bought this top, but it was too tight, the sleeves were too long, and the neckline was big and gappy.  I shortened the sleeves, modified the neckline...
And put a black insert in both sides.
These great pants cost $2. at a thrift store -- but they were too long.  I love that the pattern on each leg is so different.  Instead of hemming the bottom of the legs -- I turned the waistband one time -- and added a piece of elastic.  That shortened the pants just enough...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was as good as you in making things FIT. I once took a t-shirt I loved but was too big and made it too SMALL ! Still can't wear it. LOL

    ReplyDelete