Wednesday, December 8, 2021

American Window Washing

In five weeks, we will be MOVING. I don't mean to sound like a broken record -- but DOWNSIZING IS SO MUCH HARD WORK. Ugh....

Looking back -- if I had known THEN what I know NOW -- I woulda just had a big fire...

You've been with me every step of the way, and I am just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. FINALLY. Thanks to my brother, the property is looking better than it has for many years. I've made countless trips to the Goodwill store with bags full of stuff I once believed I could not live without...

The auctioneer is coming on Saturday to pick up a final load...and I'm starting to make a list of what furniture will be going with us to our new home.

One day, I noticed our gutters were choked with those horrible long needles from the white pine trees that border our house. Ugh. That's SUCH a problem.....

We were having some unseasonably mild weather -- so I called a local company -- the American Window Cleaning. They sent an estimator to my house, emailed a bid, and then scheduled the service.

The team arrived on time.


The bid included the garage -- I wish I had taken a before picture. This side was covered with green algae...from all those years of big, overgrown trees. An these gutters were also full of leaves and needles...
Because half of the house is two-stories, it's impossible to wash the exterior windows...
But these guys had some great equipment -- and a lot of ladders!
See all those 50' tall white pine trees?...40 years ago, planting them so close to the house seemed like an excellent "windbreak" idea...
AFTER they cleaned out the gutters, swept the roof and power washed the house, THEN they got busy washing (with a brush) the exterior windows.
I was on the inside -- taking a picture of them on the OUTSIDE...

This was my last gift to this house we built and have loved for four decades. She's never looked better! 

The American Window Company did a wonderful job, and their website gave me many choices. Every service had a "Good" "Better" and "Best" option. 

I chose to have them clean the gutters, sweep the roof, powerwash the house, and wash the exterior windows. Everything they did for the house, they also did for the garage. The young two-man crew came on time, and worked for 4+ hours... 

Total cost? $745

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a good deal. Mom has a young man do her windows, roof and gutters quarterly. It's his own business, and he does a great job. As we live in the Evergreen State, we totally get the pine needles issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the money, and whoever will someday live in your home will so appreciate starting with a "clean slate"!!

    I also live in the Evergreen state (Mountlake Terrace) and, although we had our big fir tree taken down years ago, there are still the same kind of trees in yards to our south and east, so, yes, we definitely get the needles thing!

    ReplyDelete