Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Lilly's Murder Mystery Dinner

Thanks again for all your kindness...your emails have meant everything to me. (I'll put health updates at the end of the post...)

Today, I want to write about Lilly's Murder Mystery Dinner.

Over the years, I've made a big effort to NOT have our Christmas Eve be about gift-giving. Lilly and Warren have way too much stuff already...

Weeks ago -- we were brainstorming some different ideas, when Lilly decided she would write a Murder Mystery Dinner for Christmas Eve.  It would only be the seven of us (John, me, Ross, Elliott, Emily, Lilly and Warren.)  She knew EXACTLY who would be get which part...Okay -- I'm in.

As you know -- the ramp-up to Christmas was crazy. Looking back -- having Covid was the LEAST of my problems...I was lucky to recover quickly -- but I experienced two weeks of very little energy.... John's several visits to various hospitals around the State of Iowa also put a wrench in our plans.

My point is -- I was absolutely NO HELP when it came to the entertainment portion of the evening. Lilly was on her own...and I let her run with it...

The setting was 1920's Italy...we were in a mansion -- and we all had a "part". Lilly made herself the star of the evening -- she was the Mafia Don...

I did take her thrift-shopping to find costumes.

Ross was a detective,visiting from Russia. Elliott was the rich man who was also the Mayor of the town.


Emily was the flapper

Lilly wrote clues and hid them all around the living room.

We were willing participants -- but couldn't actually read Lilly's handwriting...

Warren was a visiting sailor -- and his costume was John's Navy hat.

John didn't understand what was happening...and he did not remember his sailor hat...
Lilly was happy with the way it all went...
At the end, the Housekeeper -- Vanillapee Von Sweeps -- was the killer...

************ 

Monday morning, I helped Ronda's take down her Christmas tree -- in order to make room for a hospital bed. Dean came home Monday afternoon. He has to wear the back brace 24 hours a day for at least the next 4 weeks...and the hope is that they'll be able to have some home health care help for rehab. 

Winter is upon us...and a big snow event is predicted for this week...so he is glad to be home.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that Dean was able to come home. Being with family is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanillapee Von Sweeps - what a clever name and how cool that Lilly scripted a murder mystery for you all for Christmas Eve. Loved the pictures! Also glad that Dean is home. Hopefully the snow event will be easy on you all.

    ReplyDelete