Saturday, March 14, 2020

Finding the Rocks

The kids hid their rocks on a Saturday afternoon...
They were the only two people on the playground...
They attend Virgil Grissom Elementary, and there are less than 300 students.
Lilly and Warren painted 12-15 rocks. I didn't keep track of where they hid them all...but I know they had a great time, running around on the playground -- finding good spots.

Lilly took a few of them all the way out to the soccer field...I know Warren hid one under a tree...
In 2014, my niece, Amy, climbed up on the roof of the school to take this picture...(I don't think they do it anymore--new principal and all...)
Anyway -- on Friday, when I picked the kids up, my first question was, "so? Did anybody find your friendship rocks?"

Both kids started talking at once...Lilly thought ALL the rocks were found.  On Monday, after the first recess, everybody in the school was talking about the rocks.  The kids who found them were giving them to their friends -- and some kids decided to hide them again.  The teachers were talking about the rocks during the lunch break on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lilly and Warren were so excited!!

Lilly said her teacher asked her if she had anything to do with the painted rocks  (but I think Lilly probably gave her a sign because she was eager to let somebody know it was her).

Warren, on the other hand -- pulled TWO of his painted rocks out of his backpack.  Surprised, I asked, "nobody else found them?."

He said, "I knew they wouldn't, Grandma.  I buried them pretty deep..." 

Hummm.....we might have a slight disconnect with today's lesson....

3 comments: