Friday, July 2, 2021

Vaccinations

This post is about a silly moment I had when I got my Covid vaccination.


Our vaccine locations were very well organized

My cousin Jackie and I went on the same day (we looked like bank robbers for a solid year)

The form we had to fill out.

Life has gotten so complicated, hasn't it? A question that used to require no thought whatsoever...man or woman?

Now -- the choices are vast and confusing...

  • Man
  • Woman
  • Undifferentiated
  • Choose not to disclose

That was the first time I encountered all those choices...

But, for me, getting the vaccine was an easy choice.

When I think back to the year we had -- and the consequences of Covid.... the whole world shutting down, hundreds of bodies piling up in every country, every state, every big city and small town...

Now, finally, post-vaccine -- it feels like the world can breath again.  We can travel, get together, and HUG, even!!  I missed my life and now I feel safe again...and I am not missing the masks...

I KNEW SCIENCE WOULD SAVE US..!!

3 comments:

  1. I was talking with an elderly lady at the grocery store the other day. She had forgotten her mask and felt absolutely naked without it, even though our state had fully reopened the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed, hooray for science! However, there are some who, for various reasons, have been advised By Their Doctors not to get it just yet--more data is needed to make sure it would be safe. All the more important for those who can to do so!!

    ReplyDelete